- Please call to discuss rates. Straight Yoga Therapy is private pay however if you are interested in talk therapy it can be woven in as a behavioral intervention for emotional regulation and billed for through insurance.
- I offer a select number of reduced fee slots through Open Path and am currently a listed provider through Coronavirus Online Therapy. If you are a healthcare provider/front line worker who is interested in care and I am not in network with your insurance I will honor the reduced fee for short term care. Click on link to learn more: https://openpathcollective.org/clinicians/jemma-schwartz/.
- Contact me to set up a 10 minute complementary phone call to see if we are a good match.
- During COVID-19 all insurance companies in NY have to cover telehealth, so if you have coverage for outpatient mental health care you are eligible for this benefit.
**At this time I am only accepting inquiries for the Overcome Anxiety Group**
Optum / UnitedHealthcare
Kingston Teacher’s Trust Fund
BCBS with Quantum Health Solutions for Behavioral Health benefits
**I am in the process of credentialing with more panels. Even if you do not see your insurance listed feel free to reach out anyways. Let’s see if we can make this work, your well being is super important. If we determine that I will not be able to offer care I can recommend another local provider who can.
Out of Network
Does your insurance allow you to see out of network providers? If so I will provide you with paperwork to submit. This means that you will pay for the session at the time of service and then submit paperwork I completed to your insurance carrier. Your insurance carrier will reimburse a set amount for the session. I encourage you to contact your insurance company and find out what the cost structure would look like to you.
FYI about insurance companies
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit? (They might say that you get 10 sessions. This does not mean that you have to stop care! If we determine that more time is needed in therapy I will submit a pre-authorization requesting 10 more sessions. This request is often granted.)
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check, all major credit cards, and FSA as forms of payment. Cash/check is preferred.
*If you use FSA a credit card will need to be on file as back up, and charged only in case that the FSA is declined.
If you are unable to attend a session make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session. In case of inclement weather I will reach out to you with the option to have a video session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!