Offering Individual Counseling & Mind-Body Therapy for:
Stress and Professional Burnout (Prevention & Recovery)
Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You feel keyed up, agitated, overwhelmed, emotionally reactive, your thoughts are racing and jump around
- Your mind is trapped in “what-if’s” about the terrible things that might happen
- You struggle with physical symptoms such as insomnia, fatigue, spaciness, headaches, migraines, muscle tension and pain
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
ALL THERAPY IS BEING OFFERED ONLINE THROUGH A HIPAA ADHERENT VIDEO PORTAL. TELEHEALTH IS OPEN TO ANYONE RESIDING IN NY STATE or WITH AN ACTIVE NY ADDRESS CURRENTLY DISPLACED DUE TO COVID-19. CHECK YOUR INSURANCE TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR TELEHEALTH COVERAGE.
What is Mind-Body Therapy?:
Mind-body therapy is an integrated approach to healing. It honors, but goes beyond traditional talk therapy that focuses on your past and what you are thinking. People who I have worked with have reported that this integrated form of healing has been helpful, even when they have considered their symptoms to be treatment resistant. While we spend most of our time talking, we might start, end, or pause if you are in a stress response, reground, and then continue.
Top Down or Bottom Up?
There are times when you can think and talk your way through a problem, but sometimes this is an impossible task. This is not your deficit, but your brain on high stress/anxiety/trauma (s/a/t).
- When the s/a/t is powered up, it can be helpful to have awareness of your body, use deep breathing or another body based relaxation technique to first become grounded in the current moment.
- Once you are grounded you will find more ability to problem solve and think abstractly instead of having fear, shame, guilt, etc. lead your reactions. You will find your place of power is in the present moment.
- Having a therapist who is skilled in mind-body therapeutic interventions can mean you spend more time speaking from your place of power and working towards your goals, instead of spending most of your session trying to talk your way down, meantime hashing out every worst case scenario that could happen.
- When your therapist is skilled in offering you options and shifting to address your needs in the moment, it also starts a pathway for you to develop the same awareness skills, so that you can respond to yourself more effectively between sessions.